Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Tenggren

I posted about Gustaf Tenggren previously but I wanted to mention him again... because, well, I just love his work. The Animation Archive (ASIFA) has couple more pages I wanted to point out - in particular is an article (with lots of images) about Tenggren's Little Golden Book style. When Tenggren left Disney he worked at making a name for himself. He also couldn't get fairly paid for a week's worth of work for a single illustration. He developed a beautiful simple style, reminiscent of illustrations from his Swedish roots. It became a Golden Book standard and influenced children's books ever afterward. Compare them to more elaborate illustrations.

Tenggren's Little Golden Book style (ASIFA)
Tenggren's Grimm's Fairy Tales (ASIFA)
Previous Post


Eugenio Enrique said...

Hey man! what a wonderful blog!interesting is all that can be found here, both in illustration as on information, thank you very much for share these great pieces...!

Mike, I invite you to take a look at my blog, and give me your comment, i appreciate it!



cArLa said...

wow, i love this blog! i found you on tumblr... i'll be following your updates now. have a great day! come by and visit my blog sometime too - i would love critiques on my sketches. all the best!